This Task Force will be established to enhance communication between specialists in biophysical spectroscopy and imaging and those wishing to apply such methods to medical research.
- To maintain in the IUPAB Council a current awareness of methods in biomedical spectroscopy and their applications
- To provide linkages between IUPAB and organizations specializing in medical biophysics
- To catalyze collaboration between specialists in biophysical and biomedical methods
- To transfer the critical knowledge in this subject to scientists/physicians with limited access to it
- To effect the translation of this type of research into clinical impact
- Provision of names and addresses of specialists in both fields to the IUPAB Council for membership on the Advisory Committee for the field
- Organization of schools and/or workshops to catalyze collaboration between biophysical and biomedical scientists
- Formation of linkages between IUPAB and other scientific organizations with potentially favourable overlap
- Expansion of the biomedical content in the programme of the IUPAB Congress
- Provision of updates on technology and applications for issues of IUPAB News
The Task force is composed of:
- Ian C.P.P Smith (convenor)
Institute for Biodiagnostics
National Research Council Canada, Winnipeg
Canada R3B 1Y6
- Shirley Schreier: Department of Chemistry
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Eugenia Kovacs: Department of Biophysics
Carl Davila Medical University, Bucharest, Romania.
- Carolyn Mountford: Institute for Magnetic Resonance Research
Royal North Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
- Girjesh Govil: Tata Institute for Fundamental Research
Mumbai (Bombay), India.